Plantar Fasciitis is the most common cause of heel pain. If the plantar fascia (the ligament that connects the heel bone to the toes) is strained, then it becomes weak, irritated and it leads to heel pain. One of the ways to solve the problem is to wear Plantar Fasciitis socks and sleeves. Plantar Fasciitis socks and sleeves are designed to relieve pain and help you to feel more confident throughout the day. Socks and sleeves put pressure on the plantar fascia, which helps to relieve pain. The only difference between them is that the sleeves don’t have fabric in the toe area and sometimes in the heel area.
Here is the compilation of ten best Plantar Fasciitis socks and foot compression sleeves, tips as for their choice and a buyer’s guide.
- Top 10 Best Plantar Fasciitis Socks and Sleeves
- Bitly Plantar Fasciitis Compression Sleeves
- SB SOX Compression Foot Sleeves
- CompressionZ Foot Sleeves
- ZaTech Plantar Fasciitis Sock
- CopperJoint Compression Ankle Sleeve
- CXCraft Plantar Fasciitis Compression Sleeves
- OrthoSleeve FS6 Compression Foot Sleeve
- Feetures! Plantar Fasciitis Sock
- Thirty 48 Compression Sleeves
- NAK Fitness Plantar Fasciitis Sock Ankle Sleeve
- Advantages Of Wearing Plantar Fasciitis Socks And Sleeves
- Criteria To Consider While Choosing Plantar Fasciitis Socks And Sleeves
- Plantar Fasciitis Socks And Sleeves: Alternatives
- What Is Plantar Fasciitis?
- Causes Of Plantar Fasciitis
- What Is The Treatment For Plantar Fasciitis?
- Bottom Line
Top 10 Best Plantar Fasciitis Socks and Sleeves
These easy to wear sleeves are made from moisture-wicking and breathable fabric that resists multiple washes and it doesn’t trap odors. Thus, it provides all day relief from Plantar Fasciitis, foot pain and swelling. The support sleeve has an innovative design which is made with the best compression technology, which stimulates the blood flow and speeds up recovery.
- Compression isn’t very strong
- A thick line at the end of the sleeve can cause discomfort
If your goal is to improve your mobility and relieve pain, then these sleeves are your ultimate choice. They provide instant arch and heel pain relief and boost up your blood circulation. These FDA-registered compression sleeves are recommended by doctors as they have targeted arch support, which gives comfort.
The sleeves are made of the anti-static and breathable fabric, which is form-fitting, lightweight, and gives you stability regardless the type of activity you are engaged in. The sleeve features a ribbing arch support and has nylon and spandex materials. You can wear your socks under or over the sleeves. The sleeves absorb sweat and protect from bacteria. The sleeve may be worn during the day or at night, it reduces pain and brings much comfort.
Therefore, the sleeves are a great investment in your health and comfort.
- Feel tight
This model is one of the best Plantar Fasciitis Compression sleeves for men and women. It comes in a variety of different colors and it helps to relieve pain and discomfort, related to Plantar Fasciitis, edema, Achilles tendon. On top of that, it reduces muscle fatigue, which is especially relevant for sports and daily wear.
You can wear the sleeve during your daily activity or even during your sleep. It doesn’t matter whether you are an athlete, runner, office worker, jogger, CrossFit lover, long-distance traveler or you work on feet for long hours, these sleeves will have you covered.
They feature an anti-inch material, therefore they are breathable and comfortable. They are sturdy and stable so that you get a snug fit. Besides, they have been designed to offer adequate arch support. Also, the sleeves have a graduated compression, which helps to improve blood circulation.
On top of that, antistatic and anti-odor properties keep the feet dry and comfortable during the whole period of use.
- Some people say they lack compression
Are you looking for the socks that are great for sports and everyday life? The brand ZaTech offers the socks that provide superior heel, ankle, and arch support. The socks have been designed with a specific construction of the real anatomical left and right feet so that they give perfect stability.
The socks have targeted compression zones with elastic layers, which increase blood flow and stabilize the Plantar Fascia. Therefore, the pain, related to Plantar Fasciitis, is relieved.
The socks are lightweight, feature mesh zones for improved breathability, and have moisture-wicking properties.
There is something more.
The socks are very durable because they have a dynamic compression thanks to the elevated agility and they are made of high-quality materials: 85% polyamide and 15% spandex. This blend results in maximum comfort and support.
- People with wide feet should go a size up
CopperJoint features a four-way compression design and provides muscle support and optimal articulation. The sleeves provide instant therapeutic relief so that you forget about Plantar Fasciitis for some time. Besides, they have graduated compression, which helps to reduce muscle fatigue and improve circulation. This feature is ideal for sportsmen, travelers, and people, who spend much time standing on their feet. The sleeve has an open heel and free toes so that you don’t feel restricted.
That’s not all.
The model has proved its efficiency in eliminating odor thanks to its anti-odor properties. The sleeves are made of 88% high-quality copper infused nylon. Researches prove that the fabric preserves its features even after 40 washes. Therefore, it is extremely durable.
On top of that, moisture-wicking properties make the sleeves suitable for everyday wear.
So, regardless your age and fitness level, choose CopperJoint sleeves because they will enhance your athletic performance, relieve pain, inflammation, and speed up recovery.
- Some people find the material too thin
People with Plantar Fasciitis, varicose veins, chronic venous insufficiency will benefit from these compression sleeves. The thing is that they give much compression, which improves the blood flow. Also, they increase recovery time after workouts, runs, and hours of standing on your feet.
The sleeves are made of the blend of nylon, spandex, and elastic. That is why they are flexible, breathable, and give compression in key areas. Besides, they are lightweight so that you can wear them with your casual socks.
By the way, they are available in three sizes and multiple colors so that they meet your needs and style preferences. And their use becomes even more pleasant with a lifetime warranty.
- May be too thin and narrow
Being made of a 24% Spandex and 76% Micro-Nylon blend, the sleeves offer superior protection. They eliminate arch pain, heel pain, and prevent a recurrence of Plantar Fasciitis.
The sleeve has six zones of compression. They promote blood circulation, increase recovery time, and reduce impact vibration. The first zone provides light compression with a flat and smooth closure. The second zone gives moderate compression. It boosts up a venous flow and provides efficient support.
The third zone gives firm compression. It lifts the plantar fascia and supports the venous flow. The fourth zone has a shaped-to-fit design and it gives moderate compression. The fifth zone provides firm compression as it enhances the blood flow, supports the Achilles and lifts the plantar fascia. The sixth zone ensures light compression for a non-binding fit.
The sleeve is designed to fit your natural foot shape. It reduces fatigue, which is especially relevant for athletes and people, who spend much time on their feet.
A moisture-wicking fabric keeps the feet cool and dry. Besides, it doesn’t slide during the use.
Superior comfort, support, and pain relief – you’ll get all these with Feetures! Plantar Fasciitis socks. They feature a unique technology of 3 zones targeted compression. It means that you’ll get compression where you need it most. This technology eases heel and arch pain, these zones stretch, lift and stabilize the Plantar Fascia.
Being ultralight and breathable, the socks are aimed to keep feet cool even under intense pressure. The toeless sleeves don’t slide, they stay in place, keep the feet cool and improve blood circulation. Another huge advantage of the socks is that you receive a lifetime guarantee, which says much about the quality and comfort of the socks.
Some people claim that the socks contract when they are exposed to water and heat in the wash. Yes, it happens due to the Lycra material, but the socks stretch back to their original shape and size.
- Sizing is general
This is a unique fusion of fit and style, wrapped in compression. A graduated 20-30 mmHg of pressure compression creates a tight fit around the nerves and muscles and eventually, the blood circulation is increased and inflammation is reduced. Besides, it strengthens the foot in order to prevent muscle injuries and aid in recovery from heel spurs and edema.
The material of the sleeves is lightweight (75% Nylon, 25% Spandex) and breathable. This ultra-light fabric is stretchy and it doesn’t restrict your movements. Besides, the material is thin enough so that the sleeves can be worn underneath the regular socks without being too bulky.
Also, the fabric has moisture-wicking properties so that you don’t worry about sweat and odor. Besides, the sleeves fit perfectly because each sleeve is labeled with an “R” or “L.”
These sleeves will meet all your needs because they may be used with sneakers, slippers, sandals, formal shoes, and even heels.
- Come only in four colors
Do you want to wake up in the morning pain-free? These sleeves can make it happen!
They have been designed to provide relief of several causes of foot pain, including Plantar Fasciitis, heel problems, edema, and Achilles tendon problems. These compression sleeves compress the plantar fascia ligament to reduce pain and promote blood circulation, which improves recovery.
There are more advantages.
They are made of breathable fabric, which is lightweight and stretchy so that you don’t face such problems as discomfort, sweat, and odor. Besides, this fabric is highly durable.
The model features an open toe construction, which improves comfort because it doesn’t restrict your movements. Also, the sleeves are universal, so both men and women can wear them with sandals, slippers or shoes with inserts.
- Run small
Advantages Of Wearing Plantar Fasciitis Socks And Sleeves
Socks and sleeves can’t fix the condition, called Plantar Fasciitis, but they can relieve pain and enhance comfort. If you choose to wear Plantar Fasciitis socks and sleeves, then you’ll get the following benefits.
- They Act As A Treatment Aid
Sleeves and socks are proved to be very effective when it comes to Plantar Fasciitis treatment. They provide good compression, which enhances the blood flow and gives stability to the heel. Besides, they relieve pain in the morning, which is the distinctive sign of Plantar Fasciitis.
- Don’t Cause Discomfort
Even if you wear them for 24 hours, you won’t experience discomfort because they are made of stretchy and breathable fabric, which keeps the fascia in a stretched position.
- Give A Snug Fit
Tight socks and sleeves keep feet in a supported and stable position so that your plantar fascia doesn’t stay in a shortened position.
Also, socks and sleeves give the feeling of a second skin due to their seamless construction.
Criteria To Consider While Choosing Plantar Fasciitis Socks And Sleeves
Plantar Fasciitis causes annoying pain and one of the ways to deal with this issue is to wear Plantar Fasciitis socks and sleeves. They put additional pressure on the Plantar Fascia, hence reducing pain.
Best Plantar Fasciitis socks and sleeves have several key features that you should take into account while choosing the pair of socks or sleeves for you.
The areas around the ankle and the bottom part of the leg tend to suffer from Plantar Fasciitis the most. Therefore, the socks or sleeves should focus on these areas. Socks and sleeves can feature targeted compression with several zones. Usually, they have three and six compression zones. They improve blood circulation and speed up the healing of the foot.
- Odor and sweat-absorbing properties
When it comes to sports apparel, these features are paramount because they influence the level of comfort the footwear provides. The material of the socks and sleeves should absorb sweat and keep the feet clean and dry. If the feet are dry, they don’t produce odor so that you enjoy the comfortable wear without sweat and smell.
- Lightweight and stretchy material
You wear socks and sleeves for a long period of time and sometimes you wear them with your regular socks. Therefore, they should be lightweight in order to provide adequate comfort. If the socks and sleeves are comfortable, you are likely to use them more often. The most common materials are Lycra, spandex, and rubber. The only reason to buy one material over another is for personal comfort. Don’t buy too thick materials because they tend to get too warm and cause irritation.
Another important feature is elasticity. If the socks and sleeves are stretchy, they allow a natural range of motion. If they are too tight, they can cause pain in the heel instead of relieving it and limit proper blood circulation.
Socks with great fit may be worn for 24 hours and they should adapt to the curvature of the arch. They should feature compression zones with a focus on the ankle and the footbed, which stimulate the blood flow. They should be tight, but not too tight. In order to find your perfect size, you should measure your legs. For this, measure your knee length, calf and ankle circumference.
- Level of cushioning
Padded socks and sleeves reduce pain and pressure experienced by people, who suffer from Plantar Fasciitis. They provide enough cushioning and reduce heel pain. Besides, they may be used with orthotic inserts.
Usually, socks and sleeves are cheaper than other orthotic devices, designed to treat Plantar Fasciitis.
Do not buy socks and sleeves, made of materials of a poor quality. Always go for products, which have a lifetime warranty or offer a money back guarantee.
- Time of use
The most effective socks and sleeves may be worn whenever you want. They have a rigid compression and reduce the intensity of pain you experience at any time.
Plantar Fasciitis Socks And Sleeves: Alternatives
Though Plantar Fasciitis socks and sleeves are good for relieving pain, related to Plantar Fasciitis, there are other solutions you may consider.
An ankle brace can be slim so they may be worn with compression socks, or any type of support socks, at any time of the day. The foot arch braces give support and comfort and they may be easily removed when necessary.
Special insoles, which give arch support and different levels of cushioning, may be used with different shoes to treat Plantar Fasciitis.
Splints are designed for night wear. They give compression and support you need and have bulkier straps and hard elements.
What Is Plantar Fasciitis?
Statistics show that heel pain affects more than 50 percent of Americans, and the most common cause is Plantar Fasciitis. Plantar Fasciitis is an overuse injury that causes an inflammatory thickening or/and degeneration of the plantar fascia. The plantar fascia is a ligament that stretches from the heel to toes, spanning the arch.
This condition is characterized by several factors:
- It causes heel and arch pain;
- It is not equal to heel spurs;
- It causes foot pain in the morning.
Therefore, Plantar Fasciitis is a common and persistent kind of repetitive strain injury affecting runners, walkers, and people, who spend much time on their feet.
Causes Of Plantar Fasciitis
This condition is caused by stress, put on the feet and ankle and some biological factors. The reasons for Plantar Fasciitis are various.
- Flat feet are one of the reasons for developing Plantar Fasciitis because flat feet lead to an uneven distribution of weight, which puts stress on the plantar fascia.
- Tight calves put a strain on the plantar fascia, which leads to pain.
- Bone spurs are a slight calcification of the plantar fascia, brittle and thin. This bony outcropping may trigger heel pain.
- Reactive arthritis (an autoimmune condition that develops in response to an infection) and ankylosing spondylitis (it is a type of arthritis that affects the spine. It means that spine’s bones fuse together, which results in a rigid spine).
- Repeated stress, put on the heel, which occurs during running, walking, jumping or standing for a long period of time. It happens because the plantar fascia acts as a shock absorber.
- Aging is also one of the causes of Plantar Fasciitis because with age this ligament becomes weaker and its shock absorbing properties are reduced.
What Is The Treatment For Plantar Fasciitis?
Many methods are used to treat this condition. But if conservative treatments fail, then surgery is performed. There are some ways to get rid of this disease.
- Home Treatment
- Use local ice massage applications in the heel area and the bottom of the foot. They will reduce pain and inflammation. Apply ice three times a day for 10-15 minutes at a time.
- Stretching exercises may prevent Plantar Fasciitis. Here are several exercises you can try.
- Sit on the chair and roll the foot back and forth over a frozen water bottle or a foam roller. Do this exercise for 1 or 2 minutes.
- Sit on the chair in a cross-legged position. Take the big toe, pull it toward you and hold for several seconds. Then switch the legs and repeat the same procedure with the other leg.
- Sit on the chair, put a folded towel under your arches. Grab the ends of the towel and pull the tops of the feet toward you. Hold this position for 20 seconds.
- Wearing proper shoes with soft insoles, which offer adequate cushioning, is also helpful because they reduce the irritation of inflamed tissues.
- Orthotic inserts are also used to provide ankle support and stability. Therefore, the motion of the ankle is reduced and pressure put on the plantar fascia, is decreased.
- Plantar Fasciitis socks and sleeves provide necessary compression, which relieves pain.
- A night splint stretches the calf and the arch, which relieves pain and decreases discomfort.
- Medical Treatment
- The intake of anti-inflammatory medications also helps. Ibuprofen may relieve pain. Also, steroid medication is injected into the heel. It reduces inflammation. However, these injections shouldn’t be too frequent because they weaken the ligament.
- Surgery can help in tough cases. Many types of surgery are performed. One of the most common is a plantar fascia release. It means that the part of the plantar fascia is cut in order to reduce the tension.
- Is It Possible To Prevent Plantar Fasciitis?
Yes, Plantar Fasciitis may be prevented by wearing proper footwear, using orthotic insoles, compression socks and sleeves and doing stretching exercises regularly.
- Do Plantar Fasciitis Socks Really Work?
Yes, Plantar Fasciitis socks work as they alleviate heel pain and reduce muscle soreness in the morning. The socks squeeze your legs and keep the plantar fascia stretched and feet neutrally aligned. They improve blood circulation, provide arch support.
It is recommended to choose socks over bandages because you can wear them throughout the day and during your sleep. They are lightweight, comfortable, breathable, and stretchy.
- How Do I Know That The Socks I Have Are The Best For Me?
The socks should provide a snug fit. However, they shouldn’t be too tight because in this case, they can lead to heel pain. They should have enough compression to make the plantar fascia stretch gently. Also, they should be breathable, lightweight, and have moisture-wicking properties for comfort.
- What Are Complaints Associated With Compression Socks?
Some people claim that the socks and sleeves may be too tight and sometimes they don’t provide sufficient arch support.
- Is It True That Padded Socks Provide Extra Comfort?
Yes, it’s true. They are the best socks, which can be used with orthotic inserts for improved arch support and comfort. Besides, they reduce the pressure, put on your foot.
- What Are The Best Plantar Fasciitis Socks And Sleeves?
Best Plantar Fasciitis socks give enough compression, which relieves the pain and stimulates blood circulation. Also, they are made of durable yet lightweight materials. They adapt to the arch curvature, absorb sweat, allow adequate airflow and keep the feet stable. The sought-after brands that manufacture Plantar Fasciitis socks and sleeves are OrthoSleeve, Feetures!, Bitly, Thirty 48, SB SOX, CompressionZ, and others.
- Are Compression Socks Good For Eliminating Foot Pain?
The inflammation of the tissues and muscles, the plantar fascia, in particular, may lead to foot pain. Actually, one of the main symptoms of Plantar Fasciitis is foot pain in the morning. Compression socks are tight on the feet and legs and they keep the plantar fascia stretched and the feel aligned. The pressure, put on the fascia, relieves pain. Also, they provide compression for the arch and the heel.
On top of that, these socks and sleeves improve the oxygenated blood flow, which speeds up recovery.
- Do Plantar Fasciitis Night Splints Work?
Yes, Plantar Fasciitis night splints work as they offer additional compression and they feature sturdy elements. However, they are not designed for daytime use. However, some people use Plantar Fasciitis socks and sleeves because they are able to substitute night splints that tend to be uncomfortable especially at night.
- How To Take Care Of Plantar Fasciitis Socks And Sleeves?
In order to perform all functions, socks and sleeves should be in a good condition. For this, take care of them. Stick to the following tips:
- Wash your socks and sleeves daily because wearing your socks means that that stretch out quickly and after washing they maintain their original shape. Also, never use bleach while washing and note that to hand wash is the preferred cleaning method.
- Replace your socks or sleeves every couple of months because they should work well in order to relieve pain.
- Put them on and take them off carefully because they are thin and you may tear them easily. Once they are torn, their effectiveness is reduced greatly.
Plantar Fasciitis socks and sleeves can’t eliminate the problem entirely, but they can help you to relieve some pain and walk or run with comfort. If you choose wisely, you’ll benefit from wearing socks and sleeves and be much happier that you decided to give them a try.
OrthoSleeve FS6 Compression Foot Sleeve is our definite recommendation. The sleeve has several benefits:
- The sleeve has compression tighter at the heel and ankle area, which is great for people who had ankle injuries;
- The sleeve is medically proven and it is quality built (24% Spandex and 76% Micro-Nylon blend);
- It provides support for people, who also suffer from heel spurs or Achilles tendinitis;
- Six zones of compression improve blood circulation and reduce heel pain;
- The sleeve has moisture-wicking properties that keep the feet cool and dry;
- The sock is lightweight and it can be worn throughout the night.
Thus, choose Plantar Fasciitis socks and sleeves and you’ll be able to indulge in different physical activities and days and nights without pain won’t be a dream for you anymore. So go outside and exercise, it is after all the only thing we allowed to do during this pandemic, at least it wont pain you to do so.