Did you know that about 30% of people in the world have flat feet, which is called “overpronation” in technical terms?
However, most of them don’t even realize that they need some special treatment and, no less important, special shoes both for everyday wear and for cross-training workout shoes?
Nike Free Trainer 5.0 V6 Cross-Training Shoe
PUMA Tazon 6 Cross-Training Shoe
Reebok Crossfit Nano 7.0 Cross-Training Shoe
Asics Gel Intensity 3 Cross-Training Shoes
New Balance Men's 1260v6 Stability Running Shoe
Brand: New Balance
ASICS Gel-Craze TR 4 Cross-Trainer Shoe
Nike Metcon Repper DSX
Nike Zoom Train Command
Under Armour Cross Training Shoes
Brand: Under Armour
Vibram Cross Training Shoes
- Quick Overview of Our Top 3 Picks:
- 10 Best Cross Training Shoes for Flat Feet (Reviews)
- 1. Nike Free Trainer 5.0 V6 Cross-Training Shoe
- 2. PUMA Tazon 6 Cross-Training Shoe
- 3. Reebok Crossfit Nano 7.0 Cross-Training Shoe
- 4. Asics Gel Intensity 3 Cross-Training Shoes for Flat Feet
- 5. New Balance Men’s 1260v6 Stability Running Shoe
- 6. ASICS Gel-Craze TR 4 Cross-Trainer Shoe
- 7. Nike Metcon Repper DSX
- 8. Nike Zoom Train Command
- 9. Under Armour Cross Training Shoes
- 10. Vibram Cross Training Shoes
- A Buying Guide for Cross Training Shoes for Flat Feet!
- What Does ‘Flat Foot’ Mean?
- Do I Have a Flat Feet?
- Some Complications Caused By Flat Feet:
- Why Do You Need Special Training Shoes for Flat Feet?
Quick Overview of Our Top 3 Picks:
Our experts have been keeping up with all sports footwear brands’ updates for 5 years already and have agreed that the tendency of manufacturing flat feet trainers is growing among the leading sports companies like ASICS, New Balance, Nike, Reebok, Adidas, and Puma, as well as among less famous producers.
This shows that people are becoming more aware of the overpronation issue and its significance, looking for the ideal pair of shoes, which offers decent arch support and allows for pain-free, secure movements during the most intense workouts.
And the main questions are:
“What are the best cross-training shoes for flat feet?” and “How to choose an appropriate pair?”
If you’re on this page, definitely you’re wondering too – and we’ve got great news for you!
Our team has thoroughly tested and reviewed the latest models of well-known brands, researched their pros and cons in terms of overpronation, and drawn a list of 8 best shoes for Cross Training for flat feet to feel comfy and properly supported no matter if you’re lifting weights, jogging, doing the cardio, jump, or any other activity you like.
Wanna find out more? Scroll down and meet the current best shoes.
10 Best Cross Training Shoes for Flat Feet (Reviews)
As well as ASICS and Reebok, Nike also has something to offer to treat your flat feet.
This is the new Nike Free Trainer 5.0 V6 training shoe, which provides a barefoot feel and sufficient stability at the same time.
Also, this very lightweight model features a Flywire technology that locks the foot and prevents it from injuries during the lateral movements – the stretchable cables are integrating with the lacing system, hugging the foot from both sides.
On the inside, a minimal molded sock liner enhances the effect of a low-profile Phylite midsole in terms of the enhanced arch and foot support and shock absorption.
- Rounded anatomical heel.
- Decent arch support and a lockdown fit.
- Removable insole.
- Long-lasting traction.
- Water resistance.
- Not true to size (order 0,5 – 1 size bigger).
- Not built to stand the test of time.
The most economical sneaker from our top-8 cross-training shoes for flat feet list, PUMA Tazon 6 Cross-Training Shoe is second to none on this list in terms of quality, comfort, and support.
However, it is a bit heavier than the previous models.
Ideal arch support, a strong ‘midfoot saddle’, EVA heel pod for cushioning and shock absorption, and a Softfoam insole for soft feel under the foot leave no doubt that the sixth generation of PUMA Tazon is arguably one of the best resolutions for Crossfit, running, and walking around even if there are some problems with feet!
Top-notch quality, sleek design in basic colorways, secure and stable fit along with the right amount of cushioning – what else do you need to fall in love with your cross-trainers?
- The high quality of the materials.
- Midfoot saddle for optimum fit and comfort.
- Streamlined sleek silhouette.
- Fantastic cushioning and in-shoe feel.
- Budget-friendly price.
- Rather than average external design.
- Need a break-in period.
The latest Nanos, representatives of the famous Reebok CrossFit line, are good for people with low arch support.
The Reebok Crossfit Nano 7.0 Cross-Trainer shoe has a removable insole that helps lift and support the arches while training.
Besides, all materials and technologies (like NanoWeave), used in this model guarantee a lightweight shoe, without sacrificing its durability and performance.
For flat feet, the Reebok Nano 7.0 has to offer plenty of cushioning across the entire length of the foot that helps to alleviate the pressure, distributing it evenly.
As a result, we get an incredibly comfortable and anatomically secure fit for athletes with feet issues.
- Comfortable wide toe box – a great update for feet with issues.
- 360-degree TPU heel wrap and reinforced heel clip for a secure locked-in feel.
- Incredible traction and natural flexibility due to the crystallized rubber outsole.
- Outstanding external design and a great variety of bright and casual colorways for men and women.
- An overly padded tongue partially blocks ventilation.
- A rather high price.
The new and unique midsole support system, inspired by the ASICS’ running shoe collection, is the key characteristic that makes the ASICS Gel Intensity 3 an ideal choice for flat feet.
Thanks to Fluid Ride and FluidAxis technologies, the shoe provides cushioning, protection, and doesn’t sacrifice flexibility at the same time – this combo gives flat-footed sportspeople the support they need to prevent pronation and pain.
The model is offered in a huge variety of colorways, and the prices also range due to the external design of the ASICS Gel Intensity 3.
Wanna stylishly treat your flat feet and get a pair of cross-training shoes that can handle a diversity of physical workouts?
Think no more – the ASICS Gel Intensity 3 is exactly what you need.
- Budget-friendly price.
- Super-versatile (CrossFit, plyometrics, weightlifting).
- Fashionable external design with a big choice of color schemes.
- Sturdy and supportive underfoot platform.
- Personal Heel Fit collar lining for a customized fit.
- A mixture of responsive SpEVA foam and shock-absorbing GEL cushioning makes the heel-to-toe transitions smoother.
- AHAR outsole for durability and traction.
- Trusstic System reinforces the arch area to boost the sturdiness of the shoe and prevent twisting.
- Upper durability issues.
- The shoe fits a bit narrow.
- Lacks stability on heavy lifts.
- Runs half size smaller.
Despite the New Balance 1260v6 technically being a running shoe, after testing this model we concluded that it’s also a perfect option for cross-training too, especially for people who have low arches and tend to flat feet.
You’ll never feel weighed down by these shoes when you work out or walk around as they’re made of the most lightweight materials, including mesh upper and dual-density midsole.
Moreover, the FantomFit upper of this sneaker is seamless that allowing for an even higher level of comfort when wearing them.
The New Balance 1260v6 pronation-minded running shoe also features stabilizing Abzorb Crash Pad and Acteva Lite foam in the midsole, which allows this shoe to step off the treadmill and take your cross-training up to the next level of performance and security.
- The toe box is wide enough.
- Super lightweight.
- Reasonable price.
- Good both for running and CrossFit.
- Not true to size (run 0,5 size smaller).
- The material on the inner heel section can rub against the skin.
This fourth version of your favorite multipurpose ASICS Gel-Craze, available in men’s and women’s colorways, can meet all requirements people with overpronation have.
The best ASICS technologies like FluidRide and FluidAxis systems, AHAR outsole, rearfoot GEL cushioning, Solyte midsole material are built into the shoe.
They offer exceptional cushioning, flexibility, protection, and midsole support, which are the essentials for flat feet, especially during exhausting training to avoid pronation and pain.
Besides, the sneaker features a lightweight breathable upper for moisture management, profusely padded tongue and collar for comfy in-shoe feel, and supportive logo overlay on the sides of the trainer for “hold ability” to keep the feet, ankles, and knees safe.
In other words, the ASICS Gel-Craze TR 4 Cross-Trainer Shoe is perfect for women and men with flat feet who want one versatile trainer for different gym practices from weightlifting to cardio.
- Approved by the American Podiatry Association.
- No break-in period.
- The fluid axis for flexibility and protection from pronation.
- Lateral movements’ stability and security.
- Excellent shock resistance.
- Not true to size (run small).
- Not durable enough, especially in the toe area.
Besides offering an ideal fit and support for people with flat feet, Nike Metcon Repper DSX has another win-win feature: it’s versatile like no other Nike shoes.
The Repper is great in terms of flexibility and comfort unlike the famous Metcon 3, they also beat the DSX Flyknits in terms of stability.
Moreover, these cool shoes, released in 2017, have an attractive external design, lightweight and breathable construction, and surprisingly are the budget models.
Nike Metcon Repper DSX has performed as an all-around training shoe for flat feet and low arches, that doesn’t cost a fortune and guarantees you a safe injury-free cross-training experience.
- Budget-friendly price.
- Semi-curved design mimics the natural shape of the human foot.
- Solid sticky rubber outsole.
- Flex grooves in the forefoot facilitate movement.
- The flat heel part provides stability while lifting weights.
- Springy cushioning.
- Well-padded tongue and collar.
- Lightweight and breathable upper construction.
- Flat laces & Flywire cables keep the foot in a secure position.
- Thermoplastic polyurethane overlays for durability and support.
- Runs half size smaller.
- Issues with the durability of the upper.
- Narrow toe box.
- No drop-in sole.
- A break-in period is required.
Released in September 2017, the Nike Zoom Train Command managed to become a favorite choice of flat-footed athletes.
This stable cross-trainer for flat feet is highly recommended for use during high-intensity workouts like CrossFit.
The shoe has a very lightweight and breathable nature – it doesn’t weigh you down when you jump or run and manages the moisture to avoid sweating and odor.
The Nike Zoom Train Command looks dope and its stylish aesthetics also invest in the popularity of this awesome sneaker for cross-training.
- Wide toe box.
- True to size.
- Cool aesthetics.
- Comfortable nature.
- Supportive and steady sole unit.
- Super lightweight, flexible, and breathable upper.
- The snug fit of the internal sleeve.
- Nike Zoom Air for a lightweight cushioning.
- TPU wrap enhances the steadiness provided by the upper.
- Flywire technology for a customized fit and a locked-down feel.
- Unsteady during weight training and HIIT.
- Snug internal sleeve.
- The bootie construction can cause difficulties with tightening the fitfully.
You can have these Under Armour Cross Training Shoes for yourself. Their catchy part is that they are made in the USA.
Furthermore, they have a rubber sole and remain to stay to be packed with a lightweight mesh upper. These training shoes offer and deliver complete breathability and that is why this set has become so popular.
If you are looking for training shoes that are accompanied by dual external heels, then you can try this recommendation. These shoes hug your feet properly and give you added stability as well.
They have got a leather mid-foot saddle and offer you comfortable support for hours and hours. Besides, these shoes have a cushioned sock liner and manage to mold the overall shape of your foot so that you can experience comfort.
You can see that these are the training shows that eliminate slippage and also give ideal underfoot comfort. They carry a Charged Cushioning midsole and successfully absorb impact.
We suggest you have this shoe model because many more other great factors are present in it. They have a full rubber outsole and manage to strategically place your flex grooves so that you can witness multi-surface traction as well as superior flexibility.
- They are made in the USA.
- They have a rubber sole.
- They give comfortable support.
- They need regular cleaning and maintenance.
- They may bring a tightening effect if used for a prolonged time.
It is time to order these Vibram Cross Training Shoes. These are perfect-looking training shoes and ideally, meet all of your running needs.
In addition, they are made of high-quality fabric and carry all and exclusive imported designs in them. You can see that these runners are surrounded by a tightly padded tongue.
They function and completely operate on the speed lacing system and that is another popular quality of them. Regarding washing these shoes, you can give them a machine cold wash, and then you have to air dry them.
Hence, these shoes comprise and contain a Serrated blade lug design. It is high time that you try this running shoe set and feel amazing.
Their prominent trait is that they are highly and much responsive. No matter you are into sports training mode for hours and hours, these best shoes can meet all your needs and requirements.
You can have them for your urban playground activities or for your indoor activities too. They give out maximum articulation and provides you with a ground feel
Lastly, they are lightweight and airy enough. They have a simple-looking adjustable upper design present on them.
If you have tried out other cross-training shoe models of this same brand, then you can share with us your experience.
And if more updated models will be introduced by them, then we will let you know.
- They have a lightly padded tongue.
- They run on a speed lacing system.
- They are quick to wear.
- They are a bit expensive.
- You may not have them in a variety number of color shades.
A Buying Guide for Cross Training Shoes for Flat Feet!
We’ve got amazing news for you: If you’ve got flat feet, you can still be a very successful athlete!
You can manage to train injury-free as hard as you want if you put the right attention to your footwear and look for the ones that meet these criteria:
What Does ‘Flat Foot’ Mean?
Our feet have natural shock-absorbers – the curved arches – they cushion the impact from the knees, ankles, and feet when you do exercises, run, or just walk.
In technical terms, a flat foot is a collapse of this very arch, which can be visually distinguished when the whole or most of the sole is in contact with the ground.
Such deformation can be present in only one or both feet, be inborn, or acquired as a result of injuries, diseases, continuous foot stress, aging processes.
You may obviously think of this diagnosis as something minor.
But, unfortunately, this opinion is mistaken. Wanna know more? Keep reading!
Do I Have a Flat Feet?
Often, overpronation doesn’t shout out “Hey, I’m here! You need to treat me!”, as the symptoms which may appear are not considered as a sign of any health problem.
Yes, everyone has some pains in the knees and feet, especially after active training, however, when it lasts for a rather long time and happens regularly, be alert!
So, here’s a list of reasons to visit an orthopedist:
- Prompt fatigability when walking or standing.
- The feeling of heaviness in the legs.
- Swelling at the end of the day.
- Back pain.
- Thumb bone issue, heel spurs, corns, and calluses.
- You’ve got difficulties with wearing heels.
Flat Foot Test At Home
You can do it by yourself at home with a simple Wet Foot Test.
All you need is to wet your feet and stand on a piece of heavy paper.
After that, examine your footprint: a void between the heel and ball of your foot shows that you have a high or normal arch; a full footprint from toe to heel means your feet are flat.
Some Complications Caused By Flat Feet:
- Healthy feet give us support, balance, amortization, and reduce the load on the musculoskeletal system as a whole. When the feet are flat, they can’t spring when walking, which leads to excessive pressure on the joints of the legs and spine.
- Oftentimes, the overpronating foot turns inwards too much, causing discomfort and even pains, as well as increasing the risk of injury during training.
- The changes in the structure of the foot also affect the knee joints, the proper distribution of load, gait, and posture.
- Pain, shooting up from the foot to the waist, sore feet after a walk or run can be the result of this problem too.
- Sometimes, people with flat feet find it hard to move smoothly, and normal shoes feel a bit uneven.
Why Do You Need Special Training Shoes for Flat Feet?
As you already know, flat feet are much more prone to injuries and muscular stress due to a lack of arch cushioning.
In order to compensate for this, it’s essential to wear special cross-training footwear, as the consequences of an unsupported flat foot can be really deplorable.
Without the proper arch support, it causes your ankles to turn inward (supination) or outward (pronation). Sometimes, the right and left feet have different kinds of deformation and the result is the curvature of the spine.
The same is true for other arch issues. That’s why each of us should take extra care in choosing the right pair of shoes to support and match our foot anatomy, no matter if we’re walking, running, playing basketball, or lifting weights.
Purchase your perfect pair of cross-training shoes for flat feet in the evening, when the feet are swollen up a bit, as the sneakers bought in the morning can feel tight when you start working out.
Look for shoes with sufficient support, cushioning, stability for lateral movements, turns, jumps, and squats – a versatile pair able to enhance your performance in the gym, without sacrificing the security of every single step you take.
Follow our tips and check the top 5 cross-training shoes for flat feet from the leading world brands again to find your perfect trainers.