Nubuck is the finest type of leather. This greatly polished leather treated with sand polishing may look like Suede because of the velvet-like feel but it is completely different. Nubuck is highly sensitive to dirt and moisture, unlike other polished leathers.
Nubuck leather is therefore only advised for usage during dry conditions. If you wore the nubuck leather in the rainy season and it gets dirty then immediately clean it. But remember the cleaning process of nubuck leather is much more difficult than cleaning its alternatives.
You have to follow a complete set of rules to make sure the quality of the boots does not get damaged. In this article, we will share these tips and a step-by-step guide to clean nubuck leather boots easily.
So let’s dive in right now.
- Step-by-Step Guide to Clean Nubuck Leather Boots:
- 1. Brush Off Dirt:
- 2. Locate Bigger Stains and Treat Them:
- 3. Apply Cleaner to the Entire Boot:
- 4. Wipe Away the Cleaner:
- 5. Brush the Nubuck Leather Boots:
- 6. Apply a Leather Protectant:
- Tips for Cleaning Nubuck Leather Boots:
- How to Get Rid of Deep Stains from Nubuck Leather?
- How to Remove Oil from Nubuck Leather?
- Wrapping It All Up!!!
Step-by-Step Guide to Clean Nubuck Leather Boots:
Cleaning nubuck leather is a tough process. This is because most people do not know where to start and what material to use. Don’t worry, though; we have you covered. Here we will tell you the list of equipment that you will need during the cleaning process.
With these materials, you can avoid damaging your nubuck leather boots and enhance their durability. So have a look at them.
- A microfiber towel
- A nubuck brush
- Suede and nubuck cleaner
- Suede and nubuck protector
Nubuck has individual fibers so you might need a towel to wipe away the dirt from the surface and get in deeper. The nubuck cleaner will finish the task by bringing the smaller particles to the outer surface.
At this stage, you can wipe these particles away using the microfiber towel but make sure you do not scuff your boots. Then the protector spray will keep the nubuck boots from getting dirty again.
Now let’s see each step deeply to clean your nubuck leather boots easily without damaging them.
Tips for Cleaning Nubuck Leather Boots:
Here are the easy tips to clean Nubuck leather boots that can make your work easy. Have a look at them.
- Use spray paint of the same color as the product itself to maintain the original color and hide possible scratches and rubbing
- Treat the leather boots with a water-repellent spray to protect them from moisture and dust
- Use a slightly dampened sponge to remove white spots
- Use high-quality nubuck cleaning products with combined brushes
- Clean nubuck is the dry state and dries the boots at room temperature by putting the paper inside to absorb moisture. Keep nubuck boots away from heaters, batteries, direct sunlight, and open fire sources.
- Do not use conventional shoe care products as they can damage the quality. Make sure to use cleaning products that are specially made for nubuck leather
How to Get Rid of Deep Stains from Nubuck Leather?
Here are the easy steps to clean deep stains from nubuck leather without damaging its quality. Have a look at them.
- Wipe the stain with a brush or nubuck cloth
- Use a special nubuck cleaning product to remove the stain
- If you are using an aerosol then spray it onto the stain. But if it is the liquid then dab it gently on the stain with a cloth
- In case of ink stain, apply a specialized ink lifter. Use the lifter before the ink sets
- At last, use a brush to bring up the nap after you have finished the cleaning process and the boot is dry
How to Remove Oil from Nubuck Leather?
If you are looking for the best way to remove oil from nubuck leather shoes then the following steps are for you. Let’s review them.
- Use a special leather degreaser to remove oil stains from leather
- Follow the degreaser instructions to avoid damaging the nubuck boots. Simply apply the spray onto the stain and leave it there for some time until the elements occur on the surface
- In case of the toughest stains buy a high-quality suede block and use it to sand the stain until it is gone
- Wife off the residue and restore the nap with gentle brushing
Wrapping It All Up!!!
If you are finding it difficult to clean the nubuck leather boots then this guide is best for you. With the tips and step-by-step process, you can easily avoid damaging your nubuck leather boots’ quality. So what are you waiting for? Use this guide to clean your dirty nubuck leather boots and enhance their durability.