When shopping for foot pads and orthotic inserts, it’s essential to find out all features of your feet.
If you already know for sure that you’re suffering from plantar fasciitis, and all you need to stay active is a pair of best insoles for heel pain, you’re lucky to turn up at this page!
Our experts’ team has been examining the modern market of foot pads for plantar fasciitis to find the most effective and high-quality ones.
This top-10 list includes the orthotics, which can be placed inside almost any shoe, help reduce the pain caused by plantar fascia, offering the proper amount of arch support and comfort.
So, if your heels require special ‘attention’ due to a very active pace of life with long periods of walking, running, and standing, consider one of these orthotic inserts for plantar fasciitis and forget about all painful conditions.
- Top 10 Best Insoles for Plantar Fasciitis:
- 1. Powerstep Pinnacle
- 2. Superfeet Orange Premium
- 3. Nazaroo for Plantar Fasciitis and Flat Feet
- 4. Dr.Scholl’s Active Series
- 5. Stride Insoles by Tread Labs
- 6. Protalus Insoles
- 7. Spenco Polysorb Athletic
- 8. Superfeet Green Heritage
- 9. Profoot Plantar Fasciitis Orthotics
- 10. Powerstep Original Full-Length
- Benefits Of Wearing Insoles For Plantar Fasciitis:
- What Is Plantar Fasciitis?
- Who Gets Plantar Fasciitis?
- What Causes Plantar Fasciitis?
- Common Complaints With Orthotic Inserts:
- Frequently Asked Questions:
Top 10 Best Insoles for Plantar Fasciitis:
Powerstep Pinnacle offers support, flexibility, and cushioning to a range of foot needs: thanks to its full arch support and deep heel cradle, this insole is great for all types of arches, including moderate and mild pronators, people suffering from Plantar Fasciitis, heel, arch, and metatarsal pain, staying effective and preventing sore feet even during high-impact and strenuous activities.
However, these arch support insoles for plantar fasciitis are the best fit for people who have very high arches. A well-supported arch removes pressure from the heel and provides extra relief to the heel spurs pain.
- Medical-grade support is guaranteed due to multiple layers of foam (with the durable EVA foam base) and a deep heel cup.
- Variable Cushioning Technology provides targeted and controlled cushioning with a soft, supportive feel.
- Anti-microbial top layer prevents from stinking and sweating, reduces friction, and provides a great moisture management for a maximally comfy wearing experience.
- Encapsulated design: semi-rigid foot arch support and heel cradle for increased support and stability in your shoes.
Despite the Powerstep Pinnacle takes time to get accustomed to them and should better be used for shoes that don’t have a lot of own padding, these foot pads for plantar fasciitis are very easy to chop down to size.
Also, they’re rather affordable so that you can buy several sets and have no need to constantly replace them from casual shoes to athletic, from athletic to work shoes.
- Fit well in casual, athletic, and work shoes.
- Good for all arch types.
- Relieve pain well.
- Anti-microbial top layer reduces heat, friction, and microbial growth.
- Deep heel cup.
- Full length, total contact support.
- High shock-absorbing abilities: Variable Cushioning Technology for targeted and controlled cushioning.
- Semi-rigid arch support.
- Medical-grade support.
- Affordable price.
- Run a bit large.
- A short period is required to get used to them.
- Break down easily.
Superfeet is a well-known brand producing arch support insoles for plantar fasciitis. Within their ‘colorful’ line, Orange Premium insoles are considered as the most appropriate for people with heel pains.
Unlike the majority of foot pads for plantar fasciitis, this model is aimed to support high arches rather than flat feet or low arches.
By the way, plantar fasciitis and high arches are a rather rare combination, so if you’re a ‘lucky’ with this uncommon condition, Orange Insoles from Superfeet are the worthiest investment ever.
These orthotics for plantar fasciitis also prevent blisters and eliminate odors to provide you with the maximally comfortable in-shoe feel.
- Responsive full-length closed-cell foam cushions and supports the foot, staying durable at the same time.
- Biomechanical shape of the insoles guarantees an adjusted and personalized fit.
- Deep heel cup offers good support, and its soft tissue helps with natural shock absorption.
- Natural coating eliminates odor-causing bacteria and manages the moisture inside the shoe for your comfort and health.
- Stabilizer cap actually is the base of the insole; it supports the heel part of the foot and keeps structure and stability of the foam layer.
- Durable high-impact top allows for long-lasting cushioning and comfort.
- Narrow heel area makes the Superfeet Orange Premium a good option for shoes and high heels, apart from sneakers and boots.
Superfeet Orange Premium received lots of positive feedback and was approved by our experts too, so if you have high arches and suffer from plantar fasciitis, you won’t go wrong with these awesome arch support insoles.
- Good for long-distance running and other impact activities due to the maximum thickness of the material.
- Very durable and long-lasting.
- High arch and deep narrow heel cup for extra support.
- Responsive full-length foam.
- The biomechanical shape & design.
- Moisture-management and odor-control coating.
- High-impact top layer and foam.
- Organic coating & vegan composition.
- Friction control against blisters.
- Good not for all arch types (work best for high arches only).
- A bit pricey option.
- Not as soft as the majority of insoles for heel pain (but it can be beneficial for long runs).
These Nazaroo foot pads for plantar fasciitis and flat feet are a great choice for use both with walking and athletic shoes. Flexible and well-cushioned, they help not only for people with plantar fasciitis, but also with common foot pain, arch pain, and heel pain.
Besides being an excellent pain relief, Nazaroo orthotics are also rather good in preventing the development of plantar fasciitis.
So, even if you just have a predisposition to this foot problem, secure support and a good balance of the Nazaroos won’t hurt.
- EVA foam guarantees high responsiveness and durability of the insole.
- Cushioning Latex Pad helps to maximally decrease pain levels as well as significantly increase the comfort levels.
- Deep heel cradle makes this insole perfect for people with flat feet, keeping the foot bone in an upright position for stability.
- The anti-microbial moisture-wicking fabric is incredible in reducing microbial build-up. That makes the in-shoe environment healthier and safer. Also, this material keeps sweat and odor to a minimum.
Thus, with these Nazaroo foot pads for plantar fasciitis, your shoes will be able to withstand much more intense workouts and casual wearing for extended periods of time.
- Budget-friendly price.
- Moisture-wicking fabric keeps the feet cool, dry, and odor-free.
- Deep heel cradle for stability.
- Ideal for flat feet.
- Prevent the development of plantar fasciitis.
- Distribute the body weight across the feet.
- Cushioning latex pad.
- Comfortable & responsive.
- Size incorrectly: may feel a little stiff and wide for narrow shoes.
- A short break-in period is required.
When you play sports or do various athletic activities, your feet are under huge pressure of your body and experience the huge shock of every impact, that’s why it’s so essential to add the best insoles for heel pain into your fav pair of sneakers.
These foot pads for plantar fasciitis from Dr. Scholl are built to decrease the shock up to 40%, absorbing it, and to distribute the weight throughout the whole foot.
Even if you have nothing to do with sports but spend lots of time on your feet, Dr. Scholl’s Active Series is an excellent and inexpensive option for you.
- Triple Zone technology guarantees full foot protection: deep heel cups are highly responsive and absorb the impact of each step, reinforce arches improve the weight transition from landing to push-off phase, and the ball of foot padding distributes pressure during the push-off and improves cushioning. So, with the Triple Zone Technology, the load on your arch and heel is reduced, and the pain from plantar fasciitis, knee pain, or back pain is relieved.
- Shock Guard Technology makes the fit maximally comfortable and offers the all-day relief.
- DryMAX system is a 3-D weave cloth, which works to eliminate odor, reduce sweating, and provide moisture management.
With such features, no wonder Dr. Scholl’s Active Series is a leader in the today’s insoles industry.
Moreover, these orthotic inserts for plantar fasciitis are available in both men’s and women’s sizes, and are easily cut, so the adjustment to the shape of your foot will be absolutely simple.
- Rather inexpensive.
- Can be used in all types of shoes.
- Available in men’s and women’s sizes.
- Can be easily trimmed to fit various shoe sizes.
- Offers immediate pain relief.
- A good option for runners.
- Deep heel cup.
- Triple Zone technology for lightening the load on arch & heel.
- DryMAX technology for moisture-management.
- Shock Guard Technology for all-day relief.
- Soft blue gel cushions for additional comfort.
- Offers arch reinforcement.
- Can be too thick for some shoes (fits better if removing the original insole).
- Not as durable as top-priced insoles.
If the cost is not an issue and you’re ready to pay a fortune for the 100% guarantee of comfort, security, arch support, pain relief, and cure of plantar fasciitis, Tread Labs Stride arch support insoles are the perfect option for you!
The first significant feature of these orthotic inserts for plantar fasciitis is their biomechanical design in 4 different arch heights: Low, Medium, High, and Extra High – so, the fit is maximally personalized.
This anatomically proven arch contour is the main weapon in the struggle with the plantar fasciitis, but it also helps to evenly distribute the body weight, support, prevent pain, and keep your feet safe.
- Unique replaceable top cover with the PURE antimicrobial finish is a revolutionary technology in the insoles industry, as it eliminates 99% of bacteria and gives freshness, and odor-free experience for a very long time.
- Deep heel cup cradles the foot, keeping it in the right position.
- 4mm polyurethane foam is not too soft so that the foot doesn’t sink in it and, on the contrary, is well-cushioned and supported. Also, this foam makes a huge investment in the durability of the whole insole.
These insoles were designed not only as one of the best insoles for heel pain, but also as a firm effective pronation control for flat-footed wearers. And their lifetime guarantee and the fact they’re recommended by professional podiatrists are the final arguments to support pricey but worthy Stride Insoles by Tread Labs.
- Is recommended by doctors.
- Can be adjusted to 4 different arch heights to ensure the ideal level of support for your foot.
- Works well with most sneakers that have removable insoles.
- Durability is on point.
- Biomechanical support design for firm pronation control.
- Deep heel cup to cradles the foot.
- The top cover is removable – great to keep the insole fresh for a long time.
- 4mm polyurethane foam for proper cushioning and comfort.
- Rather expensive, compared to other foot pads for plantar fasciitis.
Protalus M-Series is another highly-priced option of arch support insoles for plantar fasciitis that is definitely worth the money. However, unlike the previous option, the Protalus is not initially meant for casual light sneakers – these foot pads for plantar fasciitis are created for high volume, wider shoes like work boots, cushioned trainers, and basketball shoes.
But the aim is still the same: to give all the support and alignment your feet need whatever you do. Plantar fasciitis, arthritis, ankle, and knee pain are the conditions the Protalus can handle.
- Flexible, curved, conforming heel cup allows your feet move supernaturally, which is so important for ordinary walking and most sports like basketball, but at the same time, the foot is properly stabilized so that the security doesn’t suffer.
- Anti-slip ridges on the external side prevent from slipping the insole in the shoe, taking the comfort and stability up to the next level.
- Ample cushioning technology serves to reinforce the shoe’s inbuilt cushioning for a more responsive stride, effective impact absorption, and movement encouragement.
- Moisture-wicking fabric helps with odor and sweating, which are a traditional problem of all sneakers lovers.
With Protalus Inserts you’ll be waiting for the morning to come to put on your fav shoes with these foot pads for plantar fasciitis as they’re 100% immediate relief beginning from the very moment you start wearing them.
- Curved, conforming heel cup.
- Gives relief to the ankle joint.
- Immediate relief without the break-in period.
- Good for all-day wear without breaks.
- Super flexible due to unusual heel cup build.
- Anti-slip ridges – a cool feature that most other inserts don’t have.
- Good moisture management.
- The pressure redistribution guarantee.
- Men’s, women’s, and youth sizing are included into the size range.
- Very pricey.
- Can’t be trimmed to fit your size.
Wanna experience the sensation of walking on the clouds and not to spend lots of money? Spenco Polysorb Athletic is exactly what you need to try.
Despite they’re thicker than most of the insoles for heel pain, the still fit greatly into athletic shoes and provide excellent shock absorption along with lots of padding, without losing their shape fast. Besides walking, these versatile foot pads are great for running, working out, and doing sports.
These arch support insoles for plantar fasciitis can offer the best combination of shock absorption, energy return, and support, which improve the overall performance, prevent injuries, relieve foot pain, and make your shoes live longer.
- Silpure anti-microbial top layer assists in reducing friction between the socks and the insoles and, most importantly, eliminate odor and sweating even in hot weather conditions.
- 4-way stretch fabric allows for free multidirectional movement of the foot, making the fit adjusted and flexible.
- Heel Plug is a targeted cushioning, meant to absorb heel strike force. It softens the impact, creating that very feeling of ‘walking on the clouds’.
- EVA Forefoot Cushioning provides great energy return, especially during the high-impact activities like running, which usually put lots of stress on the feet and joints.
- Lightweight PolySorb Arch and Heel Support distributes the body weight evenly throughout the foot and supports the foot exactly where it’s needed.
As for sizing, Spenco Polysorb Athletic insoles come in youth, men’s (from 6 to 15), and women’s (from 3 to 12) sizes, but can’t be trimmed for ideal fit. So, if you wear half sizes, you should better opt for the next size down (if your normal size is 9.5, order orthotics in size 9).
As for the arch height, these inserts work very well for people with low and medium arches, and are especially effective for people with flat feet.
- Super budget-friendly.
- Feature an extra cushion in the heel area.
- Rather durable.
- Anti-microbial top layer for odor- and sweat-free experience.
- Very flexible and stretchable.
- High-quality EVA foam in the forefoot.
- Deep heel cup.
- Available in men’s, women’s, and teens’ sizes.
- Relieve heel pain.
- Help people with flat feet, low & medium arches.
- Need some break-in period.
- Minimal support.
- Sizing issues.
These insoles are the representative of the ranging color code insoles family, where each color has its specific features. So it’s crucial to be careful and attentive choosing the best color model for your personal needs, preferences, and foot type.
As for the green Superfeets, they’re the thickest of all other colors, and the highest in arch – that’s why they’re recommended to people suffering from plantar fasciitis. Also, their biomechanical shape helps control overpronating foot.
Being rather expensive, these foot pads for plantar fasciitis are made of high-quality materials.
And the hard firm plastic underside invests in their durability the most – so, having bought a pair of Green Superfeets, you’re guaranteed to get a long-lasting and endurable item.
- Stabilizer Cap brings an extra structure to the rearfoot area. This base of the insole supports your foot and stabilizes the foam layer. Also, it helps control the gait in the case of overpronation.
- High-Density closed-cell foam supports and cushions the foot to offer your feet long-lasting comfort, responsiveness, and healthy stride.
- Odor-Control Coating promotes overall foot health by eliminating odor-causing bacteria and reduces the sweating during activities.
- Wide & Deep Heel Cup gives maximum support and stability, controlling the right position of your feet during motion.
Superfeet Green Heritage fit in all shoe types with removable insoles, from running to casual, from CrossFit to work shoes. Yes, they’re significantly more expensive than most other inserts, but they’re definitely worth the investment, as their consistent use can resolve pain from heel spurs, and their durability is just beyond comparison.
- Very high quality for maximum durability.
- The biomechanical shape gives adjusted and natural fit.
- Deep heel cup for stabilization and support of the foot.
- Stabilizer cap.
- Odor-control coating for moisture management and odor-free comfy experience.
- High-density foam for good cushioning and responsiveness.
- Rather pricey insoles.
- A break-in period is required.
The most significant and unusual feature of these ProFoot Insoles is that they don’t cover the whole foot, only its arch and heel areas, and this fact makes it possible to wear these foot pads in a number of different open-kind shoes like sandals.
They give lots of protection under the heel, but the amount of arch support is not very high due to their unusual shape. But stay in place well and can be effortlessly adjusted to another pair of shoes.
- Gel cushioning technology to absorb all the shock from the impact and provide you with maximally comfy walking or running experience. Also, this material is very durable.
- The ¾ length of these orthotics is not traditional, but is considered to be the best for plantar fasciitis, as such insoles support the entire width of the painful area.
- Approved by the American Podiatric Medical Association, the Profoot orthotic insoles for plantar fasciitis are clinically & experimentally proven to treat plantar fasciitis and heel pain.
Most users assure that it takes some time to get used to the ¾ length of these insoles, but if wearing them consistently on a regular daily basis, it helps to free you from pain within about a month.
ProFoot Insoles for plantar fasciitis is deservedly chosen for our top-10 list as a budget-friendly option that doesn’t sacrifice essential features you wanna get from an orthotic insert.
- Inexpensive option.
- Very lightweight.
- Suitable for even the most sensitive feet.
- Can be fitted into various shoes.
- Offer a comfortable in-shoe feel.
- Distribute the body weight, supporting the entire plantar fascia.
- Pain relief.
- Gel cushioning for shock absorption.
- Approved by the American Podiatric Medical Association.
- The moisture management is not on top, especially in hot weather conditions.
- Arch support can be not enough.
And to finalize our top-10 list of the best insoles for heel pain, we’ve chosen another model of the world-known brand.
The Powerstep make one of the most affordable and at the same time high-quality insoles on the market, that guarantee comfortable and healthy environment for a variety of shoes.
- Strong Heel Cradle offers proper heel support to keep the foot in the right, healthy position.
- Multiple Forms of Cushioning with durable EVA foam base are layered to support the arch and give a relief to the foot heel to toe.
- Semi-rigid foot arch support gives you the right amount of support and stability.
- Variable Cushioning Technology is a targeted system of moderate cushioning with a soft, supportive feel in your shoes.
So, if you’re looking for orthotics that are comfortable, supportive, and reasonably-priced, the Powerstep Original Full-Length Insoles are a great option! It works wonders for people with plantar fasciitis as well as for other types of heel and arch pain.
- Rather budget-friendly.
- Semi-rigid arch support for improved security and comfort.
- Heel cradle for increased stability.
- Partial Variable Cushioning Technology for moderate targeted cushioning.
- Dual- layer EVA foam base for full- length durable cushioning.
- Ultra-thin design allows fitting the insert in most shoes.
- Can be easily replaced from shoe to shoe without trimming.
- Made in the USA.
- A short break-in period is required.
Benefits Of Wearing Insoles For Plantar Fasciitis:
There are benefits to wearing insoles for people that have the condition of Plantar Fasciitis.
The Insoles for Plantar Fasciitis offer great value for anyone regardless of whether they have Plantar Fasciitis, heel pain, and other foot issues ie. issues regarding the pain in tendons.
You can typically use them with any kind of shoe. Whether it be boots, your everyday shoes, running shoes, or any other kind.
You have to do is to take out the default insert that came with the shoe and put in the insoles for plantar fasciitis.
The Presence of a Deep Heel cup in a good insole for Plantar Fasciitis accounts for added comfort, providing shock absorption for every step that the user is going to take.
The use of insole for Plantar Fasciitis lessens the overall strains on the knees, the feet, and the ankles.
As mentioned above, these insoles provide great relief for anyone, especially those diagnosed with the condition of Plantar Fasciitis.
These insoles for plantar fasciitis actually work in relieving pain in the respective areas over time. In some cases, these insoles for Plantar Fasciitis have been reported to work instantly as well!
Due to their account comfort and providing relief, many users have reported that they have been using these insoles for a long time!
Depending on the quality of your shoes, using these insoles for Plantar Fasciitis reduce pain as well as increase the lifetime and durability of your shoes.
These insoles for Plantar Fasciitis often come off as a blessing in disguise – rather than having to purchase a new shoe every time, you could just switch out the insole!
What Is Plantar Fasciitis?
In a human body, there is a muscle named “Plantar Fascia”. This is a rather thick band of tissue that is responsible for joining the heel bone to the base of the foot’s toe.
If you want to feel the Plantar Fascia in your own body, pull your big toe towards your ankle and you will feel the plantar fascia running down the middle of your foot arch.
Now, Plantar Fasciitis, (flashy-EYE-tis) is an inflammation one feels in their Plantar Fascia. When this band of muscles is given some extra stretch, some tears occur on the surface of the fibrous tissue.
This whole operation sends the signals to the brain and a person feels inflammation and pain in the respected area. Plantar Fasciitis is a condition that is usually noticed at the joint of the heel bone to the base of the foot’s toe.
In the USA, Plantar Fasciitis has the highest occurring ratio. Studies have suggested that out of 10 people, 1 will have the Plantar Fasciitis condition at some stage of their life.
One of the most common symptoms of Plantar Fasciitis is the occuring pain on the bottom of a person’s heel. This pain gets excessive usually in the mornings or after when a person stands for a long time.
Who Gets Plantar Fasciitis?
The Plantar Fasciitis condition occurs to a person that has a habit of overusing their leg muscles.
The Plantar Fasciitis is a chronic irritation of the foot due to excessive stretch put on leg muscles. Having said that, the people that fall under certain categories are more likely to develop this chronic irritation of the foot.
These categories are Athletes, People who stand on concrete surfaces all day long, People who have a fleet feet condition or have high arches.
Plantar Fasciitis is a condition that happens when a muscle in a person’s leg, named Plantar Fascia absorbs extra amounts of stretch, which is why muscle gets torn from different places. The Plantar Fascia, amongst other muscles and tendons in a person’s foot, are responsible for supporting a person’s foot arch and are located in the foot and the lower leg. Some minority number of people that are diagnosed with the condition of Plantar Fasciitis have reported that due to the rigid arch support, it is not easy for them to adapt to the insole. Due to this reason, it takes a while for a person to get used to the effect and changes brought by these insoles. Buying these insoles for foot support may cost fairly more than just buying a pair of shoes that have a good arch support for your foot. However, these insoles were made for people with the condition of Plantar Fasciitis and it is imperative to mention that they prove adequate as they fulfill their sole purpose. Some people have reported that these insoles may be good when it comes to comfort, but these insoles are relatively non-durable than a standard shoe with good arch support for feet. Nevertheless, with the careful use of anything, it becomes more sustainable and will last longer times. If you’re one of those people who have to stand for long hours on hard floors due to their job, or an athlete, who constantly endangers the feet to various injuries and painful conditions, you must know how essential it is to choose the right footwear along with the ideal orthotic insoles, which 100% fit you. We’ve listed in this article the most effective, high-quality insoles that can make a huge difference to your plantar fascia. There are representatives of budget-friendly and expensive series, famous and unknown brands, full-length and ¾ footpads, thicker and softer, with diverse cushioning and support technologies. But all of them deserve to be listed here. If you’re ready to overpay for durability and style, opt for Superfeet colorful series, Tread Labs, or Protalus insoles. If you’re on a budget but still want to find a worthy item, try a pair of Spenco Polysorb Athletic or Profoot Plantar Fasciitis Orthotics. Want your insoles to be in gender-specific sizing? Dr.Scholl’s Active Series is what you need. The main thing: remember, that plantar fasciitis is a serious and painful condition that can severely impact the quality of your life, so buying a pair of footpads for heel pain is a worthy investment into yourself.
What Causes Plantar Fasciitis?
Common Complaints With Orthotic Inserts:
Frequently Asked Questions:
Plantar Fasciitis is a condition that happens when a muscle in a person’s leg, named Plantar Fascia absorbs extra amounts of stretch, which is why muscle gets torn from different places.
The Plantar Fascia, amongst other muscles and tendons in a person’s foot, are responsible for supporting a person’s foot arch and are located in the foot and the lower leg.
Some minority number of people that are diagnosed with the condition of Plantar Fasciitis have reported that due to the rigid arch support, it is not easy for them to adapt to the insole.
Due to this reason, it takes a while for a person to get used to the effect and changes brought by these insoles.
Buying these insoles for foot support may cost fairly more than just buying a pair of shoes that have a good arch support for your foot.
However, these insoles were made for people with the condition of Plantar Fasciitis and it is imperative to mention that they prove adequate as they fulfill their sole purpose.
Some people have reported that these insoles may be good when it comes to comfort, but these insoles are relatively non-durable than a standard shoe with good arch support for feet.
Nevertheless, with the careful use of anything, it becomes more sustainable and will last longer times.
If you’re one of those people who have to stand for long hours on hard floors due to their job, or an athlete, who constantly endangers the feet to various injuries and painful conditions, you must know how essential it is to choose the right footwear along with the ideal orthotic insoles, which 100% fit you.
We’ve listed in this article the most effective, high-quality insoles that can make a huge difference to your plantar fascia.
There are representatives of budget-friendly and expensive series, famous and unknown brands, full-length and ¾ footpads, thicker and softer, with diverse cushioning and support technologies. But all of them deserve to be listed here.
If you’re ready to overpay for durability and style, opt for Superfeet colorful series, Tread Labs, or Protalus insoles.
If you’re on a budget but still want to find a worthy item, try a pair of Spenco Polysorb Athletic or Profoot Plantar Fasciitis Orthotics. Want your insoles to be in gender-specific sizing? Dr.Scholl’s Active Series is what you need.
The main thing: remember, that plantar fasciitis is a serious and painful condition that can severely impact the quality of your life, so buying a pair of footpads for heel pain is a worthy investment into yourself.