When shopping for foot pads and orthotic inserts, it’s essential to find out all features of your feet. If you already know for sure that you’re suffering from plantar fasciitis, and all you need to stay active is a pair of best insoles for heel pain, you’re lucky to turn up at this page!
Our experts’ team has been examining the modern market of foot pads for plantar fasciitis to find the most effective and high-quality ones. This top-10 list includes the orthotics, which can be placed inside almost any shoe, help reduce the pain caused by plantar fascia, offering the proper amount of arch support and comfort.
So, if your heels require special ‘attention’ due to a very active pace of life with long periods of walking, running, and standing, consider one of these orthotic inserts for plantar fasciitis and forget about all painful conditions.
- Top 10 Best Insoles for Plantar Fasciitis
- Powerstep Pinnacle
- Superfeet Orange Premium
- Nazaroo for Plantar Fasciitis and Flat Feet
- Dr.Scholl’s Active Series
- Stride Insoles by Tread Labs
- Protalus Insoles
- Spenco Polysorb Athletic
- Superfeet Green Heritage
- Profoot Plantar Fasciitis Orthotics
- Powerstep Original Full-Length
Top 10 Best Insoles for Plantar Fasciitis
Powerstep Pinnacle offers support, flexibility, and cushioning to a range of foot needs: thanks to its full arch support and deep heel cradle, this insole is great for all types of arches, including moderate and mild pronators, people suffering from Plantar Fasciitis, heel, arch, and metatarsal pain, staying effective and preventing sore feet even during high-impact and strenuous activities.
However, these arch support insoles for plantar fasciitis are the best fit for people who have very high arches. A well-supported arch removes pressure from the heel and provides extra relief to the heel spurs pain.
- Medical-grade support is guaranteed due to multiple layers of foam (with the durable EVA foam base) and a deep heel cup.
- Variable Cushioning Technology provides targeted and controlled cushioning with a soft, supportive feel.
- Anti-microbial top layer prevents from stinking and sweating, reduces friction, and provides a great moisture management for a maximally comfy wearing experience.
- Encapsulated design: semi-rigid foot arch support and heel cradle for increased support and stability in your shoes.
Despite the Powerstep Pinnacle takes time to get accustomed to them and should better be used for shoes that don’t have a lot of own padding, these foot pads for plantar fasciitis are very easy to chop down to size. Also, they’re rather affordable so that you can buy several sets and have no need to constantly replace them from casual shoes to athletic, from athletic to work shoes.
- Run a bit large.
- A short period is required to get used to them.
- Break down easily.
Superfeet is a well-known brand producing arch support insoles for plantar fasciitis. Within their ‘colorful’ line, Orange Premium insoles are considered as the most appropriate for people with heel pains.
Unlike the majority of foot pads for plantar fasciitis, this model is aimed to support high arches rather than flat feet or low arches. By the way, plantar fasciitis and high arches are a rather rare combination, so if you’re a ‘lucky’ with this uncommon condition, Orange Insoles from Superfeet are the worthiest investment ever.
These orthotics for plantar fasciitis also prevent blisters and eliminate odors to provide you with the maximally comfortable in-shoe feel.
- Responsive full-length closed-cell foam cushions and supports the foot, staying durable at the same time.
- Biomechanical shape of the insoles guarantees an adjusted and personalized fit.
- Deep heel cup offers good support, and its soft tissue helps with natural shock absorption.
- Natural coating eliminates odor-causing bacteria and manages the moisture inside the shoe for your comfort and health.
- Stabilizer cap actually is the base of the insole; it supports the heel part of the foot and keeps structure and stability of the foam layer.
- Durable high-impact top allows for long-lasting cushioning and comfort.
- Narrow heel area makes the Superfeet Orange Premium a good option for shoes and high heels, apart from sneakers and boots.
Superfeet Orange Premium received lots of positive feedback and was approved by our experts too, so if you have high arches and suffer from plantar fasciitis, you won’t go wrong with these awesome arch support insoles.
- Good not for all arch types (work best for high arches only).
- A bit pricey option.
- Not as soft as the majority of insoles for heel pain (but it can be beneficial for long runs).
These Nazaroo foot pads for plantar fasciitis and flat feet are a great choice for use both with walking and athletic shoes. Flexible and well-cushioned, they help not only for people with plantar fasciitis, but also with common foot pain, arch pain, and heel pain.
Besides being an excellent pain relief, Nazaroo orthotics are also rather good in preventing the development of plantar fasciitis. So, even if you just have a predisposition to this foot problem, secure support and a good balance of the Nazaroos won’t hurt.
- EVA foam guarantees high responsiveness and durability of the insole.
- Cushioning Latex Pad helps to maximally decrease pain levels as well as significantly increase the comfort levels.
- Deep heel cradle makes this insole perfect for people with flat feet, keeping the foot bone in an upright position for stability.
- The anti-microbial moisture-wicking fabric is incredible in reducing microbial build-up. That makes the in-shoe environment healthier and safer. Also, this material keeps sweat and odor to a minimum.
Thus, with these Nazaroo foot pads for plantar fasciitis, your shoes will be able to withstand much more intense workouts and casual wearing for extended periods of time.
- Size incorrectly: may feel a little stiff and wide for narrow shoes.
- A short break-in period is required.
When you play sports or do various athletic activities, your feet are under huge pressure of your body and experience the huge shock of every impact, that’s why it’s so essential to add the best insoles for heel pain into your fav pair of sneakers. These foot pads for plantar fasciitis from Dr. Scholl are built to decrease the shock up to 40%, absorbing it, and to distribute the weight throughout the whole foot.
Even if you have nothing to do with sports but spend lots of time on your feet, Dr. Scholl’s Active Series is an excellent and inexpensive option for you.
- Triple Zone technology guarantees full foot protection: deep heel cups are highly responsive and absorb the impact of each step, reinforce arches improve the weight transition from landing to push-off phase, and the ball of foot padding distributes pressure during the push-off and improves cushioning. So, with the Triple Zone Technology, the load on your arch and heel is reduced, and the pain from plantar fasciitis, knee pain, or back pain is relieved.
- Shock Guard Technology makes the fit maximally comfortable and offers the all-day relief.
- DryMAX system is a 3-D weave cloth, which works to eliminate odor, reduce sweating, and provide moisture management.
With such features, no wonder Dr. Scholl’s Active Series is a leader in the today’s insoles industry. Moreover, these orthotic inserts for plantar fasciitis are available in both men’s and women’s sizes, and are easily cut, so the adjustment to the shape of your foot will be absolutely simple.
- Can be too thick for some shoes (fits better if removing the original insole).
- Not as durable as top-priced insoles.
If the cost is not an issue and you’re ready to pay a fortune for the 100% guarantee of comfort, security, arch support, pain relief, and cure of plantar fasciitis, Tread Labs Stride arch support insoles are the perfect option for you!
The first significant feature of these orthotic inserts for plantar fasciitis is their biomechanical design in 4 different arch heights: Low, Medium, High, and Extra High – so, the fit is maximally personalized. This anatomically proven arch contour is the main weapon in the struggle with the plantar fasciitis, but it also helps to evenly distribute the body weight, support, prevent pain, and keep your feet safe.
- Unique replaceable top cover with the PURE antimicrobial finish is a revolutionary technology in the insoles industry, as it eliminates 99% of bacteria and gives freshness, and odor-free experience for a very long time.
- Deep heel cup cradles the foot, keeping it in the right position.
- 4mm polyurethane foam is not too soft so that the foot doesn’t sink in it and, on the contrary, is well-cushioned and supported. Also, this foam makes a huge investment in the durability of the whole insole.
These insoles were designed not only as one of the best insoles for heel pain, but also as a firm effective pronation control for flat-footed wearers. And their lifetime guarantee and the fact they’re recommended by professional podiatrists are the final arguments to support pricey but worthy Stride Insoles by Tread Labs.
- Rather expensive, compared to other foot pads for plantar fasciitis.
Protalus M-Series is another highly-priced option of arch support insoles for plantar fasciitis that is definitely worth the money. However, unlike the previous option, the Protalus is not initially meant for casual light sneakers – these foot pads for plantar fasciitis are created for high volume, wider shoes like work boots, cushioned trainers, and basketball shoes.
But the aim is still the same: to give all the support and alignment your feet need whatever you do. Plantar fasciitis, arthritis, ankle, and knee pain are the conditions the Protalus can handle.
- Flexible, curved, conforming heel cup allows your feet move supernaturally, which is so important for ordinary walking and most sports like basketball, but at the same time, the foot is properly stabilized so that the security doesn’t suffer.
- Anti-slip ridges on the external side prevent from slipping the insole in the shoe, taking the comfort and stability up to the next level.
- Ample cushioning technology serves to reinforce the shoe’s inbuilt cushioning for a more responsive stride, effective impact absorption, and movement encouragement.
- Moisture-wicking fabric helps with odor and sweating, which are a traditional problem of all sneakers lovers.
With Protalus Inserts you’ll be waiting for the morning to come to put on your fav shoes with these foot pads for plantar fasciitis as they’re 100% immediate relief beginning from the very moment you start wearing them.
- Very pricey.
- Can’t be trimmed to fit your size.
Wanna experience the sensation of walking on the clouds and not to spend lots of money? Spenco Polysorb Athletic is exactly what you need to try. Despite they’re thicker than most of the insoles for heel pain, the still fit greatly into athletic shoes and provide excellent shock absorption along with lots of padding, without losing their shape fast. Besides walking, these versatile foot pads are great for running, working out, and doing sports.
These arch support insoles for plantar fasciitis can offer the best combination of shock absorption, energy return, and support, which improve the overall performance, prevent injuries, relieve foot pain, and make your shoes live longer.
- Silpure anti-microbial top layer assists in reducing friction between the socks and the insoles and, most importantly, eliminate odor and sweating even in hot weather conditions.
- 4-way stretch fabric allows for free multidirectional movement of the foot, making the fit adjusted and flexible.
- Heel Plug is a targeted cushioning, meant to absorb heel strike force. It softens the impact, creating that very feeling of ‘walking on the clouds’.
- EVA Forefoot Cushioning provides great energy return, especially during the high-impact activities like running, which usually put lots of stress on the feet and joints.
- Lightweight PolySorb Arch and Heel Support distributes the body weight evenly throughout the foot and supports the foot exactly where it’s needed.
As for sizing, Spenco Polysorb Athletic insoles come in youth, men’s (from 6 to 15), and women’s (from 3 to 12) sizes, but can’t be trimmed for ideal fit. So, if you wear half sizes, you should better opt for the next size down (if your normal size is 9.5, order orthotics in size 9).
As for the arch height, these inserts work very well for people with low and medium arches, and are especially effective for people with flat feet.
- Need some break-in period.
- Minimal support.
- Sizing issues.
These insoles are the representative of the ranging color code insoles family, where each color has its specific features. So it’s crucial to be careful and attentive choosing the best color model for your personal needs, preferences, and foot type.
As for the green Superfeets, they’re the thickest of all other colors, and the highest in arch – that’s why they’re recommended to people suffering from plantar fasciitis. Also, their biomechanical shape helps control overpronating foot.
Being rather expensive, these foot pads for plantar fasciitis are made of high-quality materials. And the hard firm plastic underside invests in their durability the most – so, having bought a pair of Green Superfeets, you’re guaranteed to get a long-lasting and endurable item.
- Stabilizer Cap brings an extra structure to the rearfoot area. This base of the insole supports your foot and stabilizes the foam layer. Also, it helps control the gait in the case of overpronation.
- High-Density closed-cell foam supports and cushions the foot to offer your feet long-lasting comfort, responsiveness, and healthy stride.
- Odor-Control Coating promotes overall foot health by eliminating odor-causing bacteria and reduces the sweating during activities.
- Wide & Deep Heel Cup gives maximum support and stability, controlling the right position of your feet during motion.
Superfeet Green Heritage fit in all shoe types with removable insoles, from running to casual, from CrossFit to work shoes. Yes, they’re significantly more expensive than most other inserts, but they’re definitely worth the investment, as their consistent use can resolve pain from heel spurs, and their durability is just beyond comparison.
- Rather pricey insoles.
- A break-in period is required.
The most significant and unusual feature of these ProFoot Insoles is that they don’t cover the whole foot, only its arch and heel areas, and this fact makes it possible to wear these foot pads in a number of different open-kind shoes like sandals.
They give lots of protection under the heel, but the amount of arch support is not very high due to their unusual shape. But stay in place well and can be effortlessly adjusted to another pair of shoes.
- Gel cushioning technology to absorb all the shock from the impact and provide you with maximally comfy walking or running experience. Also, this material is very durable.
- The ¾ length of these orthotics is not traditional, but is considered to be the best for plantar fasciitis, as such insoles support the entire width of the painful area.
- Approved by the American Podiatric Medical Association, the Profoot orthotic insoles for plantar fasciitis are clinically & experimentally proven to treat plantar fasciitis and heel pain.
Most users assure that it takes some time to get used to the ¾ length of these insoles, but if wearing them consistently on a regular daily basis, it helps to free you from pain within about a month. ProFoot Insoles for plantar fasciitis is deservedly chosen for our top-10 list as a budget-friendly option that doesn’t sacrifice essential features you wanna get from an orthotic insert.
- The moisture management is not on top, especially in hot weather conditions.
- Arch support can be not enough.
And to finalize our top-10 list of the best insoles for heel pain, we’ve chosen another model of the world-known brand. The Powerstep make one of the most affordable and at the same time high-quality insoles on the market, that guarantee comfortable and healthy environment for a variety of shoes.
- Strong Heel Cradle offers proper heel support to keep the foot in the right, healthy position.
- Multiple Forms of Cushioning with durable EVA foam base are layered to support the arch and give a relief to the foot heel to toe.
- Semi-rigid foot arch support gives you the right amount of support and stability.
- Variable Cushioning Technology is a targeted system of moderate cushioning with a soft, supportive feel in your shoes.
So, if you’re looking for orthotics that are comfortable, supportive, and reasonably-priced, the Powerstep Original Full-Length Insoles are a great option! It works wonders for people with plantar fasciitis as well as for other types of heel and arch pain.
- A short break-in period is required.
- Can Plantar Fasciitis go away on its own?
No, it surely can’t.
Just like any other unhealthy foot condition, plantar fasciitis requires a complex treatment that begins with the doctor’s prescription and continues daily through massages, icing, and other treatments.
If you don’t treat the cause, it’ll definitely come back again over time. So, if you’re not planning to experience this pain again and again, make sure that you do everything possible to cure this painful foot condition.
Finally, you can consult a good sports podiatrist and get the most useful personalized advice. As soon as you notice the first signs of plantar fasciitis, start acting, as if you don’t treat it for an extended period of time and it doesn’t go, there’s a chance it will never ever go away.
- How do you heal plantar fasciitis?
If you don’t postpone the cure of your painful plantar fasciitis condition, it can be cured rather fast and easily (but only in case you’re consistent in it).
The first thing that both relieves, treats, and prevents from worsening this foot issue is the orthotic insoles with proper support and cushioning in the heel area, which evenly distributes the body weight throughout the foot (like the ones listed above). We hope, you’ve already chosen your best plantar fasciitis insole, so let’s move to the next points.
Also, it’s important to include such cures as icing (ice baths, or icing your feet with an ice pack), rolling a golf ball around your arch as you sit in a chair, massage, supportive footwear, night splint, shots, stretching therapy, wearing supportive footwear.
Try resting your feet, elevate it to relieve pressure and tension during walking or exercising. Take care of your feet.
If you’re one of those people who have to stand for long hours on hard floors due to their job, or an athlete, who constantly endangers the feet to various injuries and painful conditions, you must know how essential it is to choose the right footwear along with the ideal orthotic insoles, which 100% fit you.
We’ve listed in this article the most effective, high-quality insoles that can make a huge difference to your plantar fascia. There are representatives of budget-friendly and expensive series, famous and unknown brands, full-length and ¾ foot pads, thicker and softer, with diverse cushioning and support technologies. But all of them deserve to be listed here.
If you’re ready to overpay for durability and style, opt for Superfeet colorful series, Tread Labs, or Protalus insoles. If you’re on a budget but still want to find a worthy item, try a pair of Spenco Polysorb Athletic or Profoot Plantar Fasciitis Orthotics. Want your insoles to be in gender-specific sizing? Dr.Scholl’s Active Series is what you need.
The main thing: remember, that plantar fasciitis is a serious and painful condition that can severely impact the quality of your life, so buying a pair of foot pads for heel pain is a worthy investment into yourself.